Today is Winning With Women Wednesday and this week we had the pleasure of interviewing a local mover and shaker in Monmouth County, Suzanne Stingo. Suzanne is the Owner of SMS Social Media Strategies & SMS Telecom Expense Management located in Monmouth Beach, NJ.
Get to know Suzanne
Name: Suzanne M. Stingo
Education: Some College + Technical Courses
Organization: SMS Social Media Strategies & SMS Telecom Expense Management since 1989
Organization: SMS Social Media Strategies & SMS Telecom Expense Management
Organization Headquarters: Monmouth Beach, NJ, formerly Stamford, CT
1. Suzanne, in your own words please share what it means to take on the role of a Consultant. What responsibilities and duties do you oversee and part take in?
As a business owner, I am responsible for sales, marketing, operations, finance and everything it takes to run a small business.
2. Do you have a quote, mantra or tip regarding how our audience could manage their one-to-one personal interactions better?
Be truthful, helpful and genuine.
3. Who was an influential boss/mentor for you and in what ways did they shape you to become the leader you are today?
There were many that influenced me in the early days of my career and I continue to learn ways to improve, even today. I learned to negotiate with contractors on one job, in another, that you should dress for success. Another mentor taught me the importance of creating and keeping a good relationship with the end user/customer is imperative for a successful project.
4. What do you think the greatest challenge is for Social Media Strategists today?
The constantly changing digital landscape. Having come from the technology field, I know that change is good and you can always find a way to accomplish what is needed, but one must be agile in adapting to new environments.
5. What is the highlight of your work week?
Having a happy customer who lets me know they are happy with the results they are getting from my work.
6. How would you characterize your management style?
Hands on, helpful and persistent.
7. What is it about your current role at the SMS Social Media Strategies & Telecom Expense Management that sets it apart from other organizations?
I customize my services to the client needs. No engagement is ever the same and this is always a challenge yet very interesting. I never oversell to my clients and have found in many cases they come back for more once the project is started.
8. How do you stay abreast of hot topics within your industry?
By participating in seminars, webinars, articles, and networking with other like professionals.
9. What are some organizations in New Jersey that you belong to that you would recommend other professional women should join as well?
I do believe that in central New Jersey, the Monmouth Ocean Development Council (MODC) is the most beneficial. They are great advocates of regional business and community involvement. I am honored that I was elected to their board, in June. You can learn more by visiting: http://www.modc.com
10. When speaking to others about SMS Social Media Strategies & Telecom Expense Management, what is the most important message you want them to take away from your conversation?
That I am dedicated to helping the client and not about selling myself, while being knowledgeable in my field.
11. If you weren’t doing this job, what would you be doing?
I would most likely be creating some other small business opportunity.
12. What is your favorite Mobile App? Why?
I feel most mobile apps need to improve in order to match the laptop/PC experience. So many of the social platforms work very differently from one device to another. I feel technology will catch up to make the mobile experience comparable as time goes on.
For more Winning With Women Wednesday interviews, advice, stories, and more be sure to Follow Us on Twitter: Click Here