It’s Winning With Women Wednesday and this week we found an incredible website which helps inspire, motivate, and empower women through the power of storytelling. But first in order to #BeTheHero of your story we must understand what a story is. A story can have many definitions, today we will use it in the context of being a narration of the events in the life of a person or the existence of a thing, or such events as a subject for narration. The website we stumbled upon is called MAKERS and it is the largest collection of women’s stories ever assembled.
Launched in 2012 by AOL, MAKERS is a women’s leadership platform that encompasses broadcast documentaries, web and mobile-first video content, and live events. MAKERS.com features over 3,000 videos and the stories of more than 300 women. Today, you will have the ability to listen to the stories of five women who participated in a five-part video series presented by Verizon.
- Regina Wilson – FDNY Firefighter and First Female President of the 75-Year-Old Vulcan Society – Watch Now
- Kimberly Bryant – Founder of Black Girls Code – Watch Now
- Lorella Praeli – Director For Latino Outreach – Hillary For America – Watch Now
- Kanya Balakrishna – Co-Founder & President of The Future Project – Watch Now
- Sana Amanat – Director of Content & Character Development, Marvel Comics – Watch Now
After listening, it is your turn to ask yourself if you will #BeTheHero of your story?
Who will you tell your story to and how will you tell it?
Be sure to “Follow Us” on Twitter: Click Here
Use the hashtag #BeTheHero to join the conversation and share your story with us.